© P&O Heritage Collection
RAWALPINDI as an Armed Merchant Cruiser
Medium: Black & White Negative
RAWALPINDI (1925) was requisitioned by the Admiralty for service as an armed merchant cruiser and converted by R&H Green & Silley Weir, London. She was the first P&O ship taken up for service in the Second World War. Her after funnel was removed and eight 6-inch and two 3-inch guns were fitted.
Featured Ship: RAWALPINDI (1925)
Shipping Line: P&O STEAM NAVIGATION COMPANY